Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Again...SERIOUSLY!

So I haven't been feeling too good, you know the usual - tired, drained, EXHAUSTED - but I just blamed it on going back to work and trying to get a schedule again with Hudson and work and everything. Well finally today I realized that I was in a lot more pain than just being completely run down, my body was aching, I had the world's worst headache and I was having trouble nursing. I woke up at 2AM and was forced to pump, managing to get almost 20 ounces out right then, but I was still in so much pain!!! I managed to fall back asleep but on a heating pad and only for about 30 minutes...yep...you guessed it, Mastitis AGAIN! I had called the doctor to just get them to call in my prescription refill but when the nurse called me she assured me that I couldn't be getting it again this soon after getting a shot just three weeks ago, so in I go, they were able to work me in right then. I get there...wait forever, only to have the doctor say "yep, looks like you got it again, I'll get you another shot and we'll start you on some antibiotics again." I mention his nurse's "words of wisdom" and he kinda chuckled...said he would write me some refills and said that's silly, that some women are just more prone to getting it then others and that no amount of medicine or shots can make it stay away. I think that ole nurse just wanted my $20 copay again! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! So I go back to work, feeling just horrible, but running a heater under my desk...yes it's 108 degrees outside and I have a heater running in my office, I can't get warm! The shot helped and I was feeling good by mid-afternoon but by the time I got home I was not feeling so good anymore. You know it's a double-edged sword...I want Hudson to sleep all through the night, but when he does this I can't express the milk and thus the infection will come. Imagine the flu...only 100x worse, you're more exhausted because you have not just yourself to worry about anymore, oh and then you have to worry about cooking dinner once you make it home. I need a maid, one that will cook and clean, do some laundry too. I just need to be able to get up, tend to Hudson, go to work, then come home and be able to enjoy Hudson! Oh well...hopefully by morning I will be well on the road to recovery and feeling 100x better! I'm beginning to think that I liked being pregnant more and more each day...but Hudson's just so dang cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment