Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Love You Forever

I started reading this book to Hudson a few days ago and it's still getting to me!!! I think it is the sweetest story ever and I hope to continue to read it to him until he's much much older and that he will read it to his children some day too, but I still can't get through the story without crying my eyes out!

In case there are some out there that have never heard of the story before, it's about a mother who rocks her son and sings this song to him every night until he's a grown man, it starts out with newborn, then 2 year old, then 9 year old, then teenager, then grown man...then it gets to where the mother is too old to sing to her son anymore he sings it back to her, only changing the last line to "My mommy you'll be." It's so sweet though and just brings tears to my eyes to even think about it now as I blog about the book!

So my sweet monkey:
I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be

No comments:

Post a Comment