Friday, August 12, 2011

I realized this week...

How incredibly blessed I am to have such an amazing husband in my life. First off...came home early Monday morning to rush to the doctor since I was running a 102 degree fever, not fun while you are nursing to not be able to hold your child! Could not have made it through the day without Jason, he stopped so much on the drive home for me to just get up and walk around because he could see just how much pain I was in sitting, then once home he took care of pretty much everything; I came in and laid down, he unloaded the car, fed Hudson then fixed us something to eat. I finally went to the doctor's office, no cold, just a lovely case of Mastitis. I was so excited that I could come home and love on my monkey! I got some antibiotics and hopefully it will clear up soon! The day was rough even after I got home though; my aches and pain had come back, my fever was ever higher and I just felt flat out crummy! My parents brought us dinner and I didn't even want to eat but forced myself too, and about 10:00pm my medicine was finally kicking in good and I was feeling so much better. By 3:00am I was back to feeling crummy though, fever was even worse than before and aches were almost crippling. Again, Jason was there to do so much for me and Hudson. By Tuesday evening I was FINALLY starting to feel better, meds had been in my system for 24 hours at this point and I was moving around a lot better and fever was pretty much gone! The only lingering things were the headache and the stiff neck/shoulders. Tried for a back rub but Jason wasn't going for that much :( I decided to move Hudson and me into the living room for the next few days, Jason goes back to work and I wanted him to get some good sleep since he has to wake up so early, and I have to make sure to pump every couple of hours, even between feedings to help with the Mastitis so this works out pretty good for us both. I actually managed to get some sleep but was constantly hot/cold/hot/cold, I feared I would wake up and be running a fever again but wasn't. Wednesday and Thursday were probably some of the worst days ever. Hudson was great in the mornings, afternoons though were another story. He screamed...and I mean screamed bloody murder if he wasn't being held. I think someone got spoiled being held for 6 days straight and now trying to break that is not fun for my emotions, especially with Jason gone at work, I have no one to give me a break. Jason doesn't want to believe me, he thinks it's colic, and it may be but I know that a lot of it is just getting spoiled. I finally had my breaking point on Thursday afternoon and just cried for about 2 hours with Hudson. I changed diapers as he needed them changed and fed him when he needed to be fed but nothing was working. I held, I rocked, I walked, I sat, I laid down, I did everything I could possibly think of and it would work and I would put him down but then he would go right back to screaming so when it all failed I just rocked and cried with him. I had wanted to do something nice for Jason so I had cooked him a nice dinner and gotten him a really nice card and gift, something to say thanks for all that he has done for me lately but Hudson just didn't want to let me get it all done. I was so thankful to have Jason home with me today, I was able to get some things done around the house. We took my mom to lunch for her birthday, but came back home and did some more. Hudson has a busy Saturday ahead of him, two birthday parties and a softball game!!! Can't wait!!!

Anyway, to get back to what I originally wanted this blog to be about, my amazing husband. He has been so helpful to me during this entire process...not just the past 7 weeks but the past year, the past 7 years we've been together, he's always done everything he can for me. He's strong, loving, caring, endearing, kind, considerate, and most importantly, MY HERO. I love him more now than ever, I enjoy seeing him interact with Hudson and the loving father he has become and will continue to be. I love that he still takes time though to make me feel special. I don't know what I ever did in this world to deserves such an amazing man but I am so lucky to have him in my life, as a husband, as the father of our child but mostly as my HERO.

No comments:

Post a Comment