Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some things I've discovered about myself

As I prepare to go back to work on Monday, I look back at the past 8 weeks of being home with Hudson and I have come to discover some pretty amazing things; about me, about life, about my husband but most importantly about being a mother.

- I am the mother of the most remarkable little man ever!

- You do gain some patience when they are your own kids...

- Your life truly doesn't start until you have a child, it really is a blessing from God and I can't imagine life without him

- I really hate when others come up and ask about or refer to him as "their" baby.

- I could not have made it through the past 8 weeks, and 9 months, if it weren't for my amazing husband

- No one can do things for my son like I do; changing diapers, consoling him, giving him a bath, just holding him, ect. are all my things that I feel like only I can do right, it's not saying that anyone is necessarily doing anything wrong, it's just not the way that I do it

- Breastfeeding really is the best weight-loss program after you give birth!

- I carried him for 9 months, he is MY CHILD and I've earned the right to be a little selfish with him if I want to

- I never thought that a simple smile could light up my day, or hearing a little "coo" could bring me to tears.

- I took 8 weeks off but after everyone finally left or visits were finally done, I only got to spend about 2 weeks with him

- I am a lot stronger than I ever gave my self credit for, and it took having a child to finally see that

No comments:

Post a Comment