Monday, August 1, 2011

Yay me!

So we went to the doctor today for my 8 week post-pardum check-up. Things are going great, my incision has healed up fully and she began talking about baby number 2 and how she would really like for me to try again at a natural child birth! I'm so excited to hear her talk like that, makes me feel like it wasn't something I did that prevented me from having the natural child birth with Hudson. She doesn't really have an answer for me as to what exactly went wrong with this labor, it was just a combination of a lot of little things; lack of amniotic fluid, deterioration of the placenta, his heart rate not holding steady and so forth. She explained that my frame is a little small but she's seen smaller women deliver bigger babies so she knows that can't be it. So there's hope for baby number 2 :) Also...she really boosted my ego by walking in and shouting "Look at you coming in here all skinny - you do realize you're 8lbs under your pre-pregnancy weight!" I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day! Breastfeeding really does work, because up until about 2 days ago I wasn't doing any physical activity either but we have begun to walk in the evenings. I knew I was losing weight but wasn't really keeping up with it, just making sure that Hudson was growing and the chunk sure is!!! So yay ME! :)

1 comment:

  1. Work it ma!!! Can't wait to see you with your skinny self!!

    ReplyDelete