Monday, May 23, 2011

Exciting weekend for Baby James!

We had a busy weekend! On Saturday we had our annual birthday crawfish boil. I got my Bubba a cookie cake to celebrate him getting promoted (he was a little angry for the embarrassment!) and we had lots of fish and crawfish! I was a little worried, we were woken up in the middle of the night due to a really bad storm and it rained a little that morning but it finally stopped by that evening, it was nice and steamy though! I do have some pics but I seemed to have mis-placed my camera over the weekend...

 Grandfathers attempting to put the stroller together...

Them:  "Where does this go?"
Me:  "Did you read the instructions?"
Them:  "We're men...we don't need them..."

 One of the awesome chefs!!

 He's secretly cussing me under his breath but telling me to hurry and cut it before anyone sees...

 We're so proud of him!!


Sunday was all about Baby James! I had my first shower given by some sweet friends and co-workers, they did such a good job! This baby is going to be spoiled rotten! He got lots of clothes, got my big items - car seat and stroller, a wagon, a bassinet, a swing - and lots of diapers! It was really special, one of the hostesses was in charge of the games, Baby James is getting his first Alphabet book decorated by all the ladies that attended! I am getting a bunch of advice cards and can't wait to read them! There are lots of photos but I am waiting on them from the hostesses so I will post as soon as I get them! This is at least everything once we brough it home and I got it all out of bags...I won't have to do laundry for at least the first 6 months of his life!!


All-in-all it was a nice weekend, Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment