Monday, May 9, 2011

Birthday weekend and Mother's Day

Well, this year birthday was just another day, I was busy at work all day long. Jason got called into work due to some excitement in our lovely town, I managed to get a small break to go scarf down a traditional lunch with my mommy at Must Be Heaven, then she took me to our traditional shopping trip for me to get a necklace. I get back to the office and this was waiting for me:


I cut it all up, ate about 5 or 6 pieces and shared too


Jason and I went to dinner that evening at Atami...I really wanted some hibachi and sushi. Saturday was a busy day for us, we had some errands to run that morning and then a fun-filled day! I stopped by my Bubba's house to get my birthday treat from him...these things are to die for!!!

The one on the left is Strawberry Cheesecake and the one on the right is Strawberry...they are both very good!

My birthday present from Jason was a trip to the Ringling Brothers circus that was in town this weekend. Jason got us front row seats, I had a blast, was like being a kid all over again!! I even managed to become part of the show when a clown came and sat on my lap and "cried." Wish we would have had the camera ready for that shot...

Jason learned how to balance a feather on his chin


They began the show by singing the National Anthem


They are hanging by their hair!!!
Elephants were my favorite


They were so awesome!!


It's really hard to tell, but there are 3 motorcycles in there and a lady standing in the middle of it

The end...it was so much fun!

So after we went to go see the elephants

And get our picture with them :)

After the circus we went to the Aggie Baseball game that was just finishing up, then had to go to PD for some stuff for Jason, then he treated me to a sno-cone!! We went home briefly then went to Franklin for their downtown festival with some friends...all-in-all it was a nice Saturday birthday celebration day! 

Sunday morning Jason had to work but then we went and had Mother's Day lunch at my parent's house. That afternoon was nice, Jason slept and I did things around the house, laundry and cleaning. He gave me a sweet card, then when I went to feed Dixie she had a card waiting for me in her food bucket. Jason treated me to a Mother's Day dinner and I had a coupon for a free birthday dessert so it was a nice day!

My hubby, brother, and dog got me mother's day cards, it was really sweet

And then we finished it all off with one last birthday treat for me!

It was a nice, relaxing weekend. We did a lot of stuff but nothing too strenuous. I love weekends like this past one!

No comments:

Post a Comment