Monday, February 28, 2011

I forget sometimes...

Pregnancy and becoming a mother is one of the most amazing things that can happen to a woman. I realized that I forget just how much it means to others or how I treat others at times. I (jokingly) talk about how things are hard for me, how things are constantly changing for me, but I never take the time to tell you about the appreciation that I feel towards all those in my life that have helped me through the process.

First and foremost, Jason. He has always been great with kids, he's a kid at heart and I knew I couldn't wait until that day that we would become parents to see him really flourish. Well, with each and every day I see just how much this means to Jason and I can't wait until our son is here this summer. I have to admit, in the beginning, all I wanted to do was bitch and moan about everything little thing (and still do at times!) and at times it seemed like he could have cared less, but Jason took everything in stride. If I was grumpy or not feeling well, he just knew to leave me alone (of course I thought he didn't care); he did things around the house for me without me having to ask (all along I'm thinking thank goodness!), but in the end I realized that he was dealing with this in his own way. I know now that I couldn't have made it through this pregnancy without the help, and sometimes just quietness, of my sweet husband. Jack & Janice, you have raised an amazing son that I know is going to be an amazing father.

Our families. God Bless our mothers and their 1950 ways, I know I learned a lot of patience here. You see, it has taken me a while to realize that our mothers worried about different things than we do now, so something that they stressed about in their time is maybe not so important now and so forth, but in the end I have come to realize that they are just as excited about this new addition to their family as Jason and I and want to make sure that we (I) take care of me. Our fathers, the strong and quiet souls that they are, well behind closed doors they are just as happy and worried. When I came down with a sinus infection a couple weeks ago, I found out that my dad was begging my mom to please check on me because he was so worried. Guess I'll always be daddy's lil' girl so matter how many babies come along. Next come our siblings, now I can't speak too much for Jason's sister, but if I had to guess she's just like my brother. I thought the grandparents were going to be the main spoilers...oh no, my sweet brother is giving them a run for their money! I'm so glad that our son is going to come into this world with so many there to love and cherish him.

My friends. Oh my dear sweet friends, especially my co-workers. I get the little hints here and there of how annoying I may be, and it does hurt my feelings more often than not. Then I think, they were each in my shoes at one point in time too and I probably told them that they were being mean and bitchy and it probably hurt their feelings just as it hurts mine. I am thankful though that I can come to them each and every day with questions and they will give their feedback. Sure, sometimes I don't agree with the feedback, but I appreciate their concern they have for me. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing support system in my life.

So thank you to each and every one of you. Jason and I are blessed to have you all in our lives to be there for us, to share in our happiness and support us in this exciting time. Thank you to my wonderful, amazing husband; Jason, I know I may be a handful at times...ok maybe a lot of times, but I couldn't imagine going through this with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment