Thursday, April 28, 2011

I wish I would have known

I got this e-mail today and it was funny to read...thought I'd share, it's lists of things that other moms-to-be wished that someone would have told them:

First Trimester

"How difficult pregnancy can be on marriage, and a way to better communicate and be there for my spouse while dealing with many other issues." And this isn't just in the first trimester

"How much I would worry — about how the baby is doing, how he/she is growing, different pains, etc. There are a lot of unknowns." And if you're not worrying then is it bad, are you a bad mother for not being worried that something is wrong?

Second Trimester

"About the stretching ligament pain — it feels like my hips and bones are stretching apart. And I'm extremely dry all over, flaking and itching." Looks like I had a really bad sunburn and now it's all peeling away!

"That every stranger in the world thinks it's okay to touch your stomach." And not just strangers

"How bad the forgetfulness and mental dullness would be. Stupidity has been my worst symptom!" It's not even funny how bad this is...I think you can ask anyone I work with!

Third Trimester

"About the cramping feelings you get as your uterus stretches. It was unnerving to feel that and not know that it was normal." Sometimes I take a step and something pulls or stretches in the wrong way and I just about lose my footing!

"That some pregnant women seem to be carrying triplets: one in the belly and one in each thigh!" I have this problem...big time!

"That when you get further into your pregnancy be careful about sneezing and laughing too hard or you might find yourself needing another pair of underwear." Too bad this started in the second trimester for me...

"That morning sickness can happen any time of day and just because you reach your third trimester, it doesn't mean it goes away!" Mine is usually brought on my heartburn being so bad it makes me sick...and this is beginning to happen more frequent

"That you really have to watch what you say. Some people understand you might more short-fused because of the pregnancy hormones, but some people do not understand and can take things the wrong way."  OMG...this is me to a T!!!! I joke about me losing my filter but it's really gotten bad...and it's frustrating too, because you catch yourself after the fact but it's hard to go back and explain to someone who just doesn't understand.

There were a lot of others listed but these were the only ones that I could really relate to so I posted them, it's nice to read up what others are having problems with and see that it's okay sometimes. I think I heard it best the other day from a friend of mine though, "I can give you advice on what I did all day long, but I can't give you any answers because your pregnancy is going to be different just like all of mine were completely different." It's really true, I can ask everyone questions and they'll give their advice on how things worked or didn't work for them, but in the end, I'm going to do whatever is right for me and my baby and I'm not going to know that until he's here.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! And it doesn't stop there. There are things I wish people had told me about AFTER the baby got here. I would have welcomed the heads-up. :)

    ReplyDelete