Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm so proud!

I can't help but brag about how proud I am of my wonderful husband. He works hard, both professionally and personally, and still has time to volunteer his time to others. This weekend we went to Brenham for him to receive an award from our region for Special Olympics. He received the 2011 Outstanding Service from a Community Leader award. Coming to these events and being a part of them just really make you feel so good!

Here with Cassie, she's the region director

And then after he helped with the torch run

 Ok, maybe a torch walk, but you get the idea...

There's a lil' jog, and a wave too!

Then a close-up of his award!!!

After all this, we went to Houston to find some more nursery furniture.

I guess it's time now to fill you all in our on lovely drama. See, we ordered furniture back in February, right after we found out our lil' peanut was a boy then we decided on a nursery furniture set. It was a little more than I had planned on spending but we both really loved the set so we figured what the heck. Well, some of the items were on back order, no big deal, the website said it would be available by mid-April, still no problem, due date is June. Well, beginning of March we get a phone call that our back-ordered items were available for delivery. I was ecstatic! The only problem was, they only delivered on Thursdays and we were right in the middle of Rodeo...so, we scheduled the delivery for March 30th. That day finally comes, we get the call the items are on their way and then I get home only to find one, yes...ONE of THREE items at my house. So...the next morning I called to see what was going on, and much to my surprise, I was greeted with a "well you know you're not getting the other items, this line has been discontinued." So...after a few tears and choice words with about half a dozen people, I was off the phone with a "well we'll call all the warehouses and see if we can't find the other pieces and get back in touch with you." So Monday rolls around and nothing, I finally am impatient enough that I call, again greeted with disappointment, "I'm sorry ma'am, there's not any available items, but you can choose another set and we'll give you a 10% discount for the trouble." Really...I don't want your 10%, I don't want any %, I just wanted my items I ordered 2 months prior...

So, needless to say I shed a few more tears...ok a lot more tears...I think emotionally I had reached my limit that day, I had a funeral to attend that afternoon so I wasn't feeling very kind-hearted. So, after a few more bad experiences this past week - and I mean really bad, it was nice to attend something fun with Jason and watch him get this award, then go on to Houston and actually find a bedroom set AND COME HOME WITH A CRIB!!! We ended up spending a little more than I wanted, but I came home with a crib...yes, it's sitting right here in our house!!! Now we just HAVE to finish painting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment