Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baby James April doctor visit #1

So we went to the doctor today, lots of fun updates...I am happy to report that I had managed to go 6 months with only 4.5lbs of weight gain, then in the past month I managed to put on 4lbs alone...so that brings the grand total to 8.5lbs at 28w5d...woo-hoo!

Belly is measuring right at about 29 weeks, there was a student with my doctor today so he got to take the measurments and said that it was somewhere between 29-30 weeks...I said "he better not be at 30 weeks cuz this baby ain't coming early!" He laughed and said it was probably right along with 29 weeks. Baby's heart rate was at 140bpm, and he was moving all around for them today.

Jason had requested that we get to see the baby back in March so Dr. Appleton said to remind her and we would get some more photos...he looks a lot different now because he's obviously a lot bigger but see for yourself

Ok, here you can see his right eye with his right hand up by his cheek making a fist, you can see the partial outline of his nose too, it's kinda cut off, but you can also see his left arm stretched all the way up over his head

Here she just wanted to reassure us that he is indeed a boy, and just in case you're wondering...it's the part on the left, you can see his lil' bottom, the part on the right is his leg
This was another of his face, she (Dr. Appleton) was really fascinated by the fact that you could actually see his eye in his eye socket...it's the white circle within the sockets

Again, another shot of his face, you can see the eyes, nose, his chubby looking cheeks and a partial of his hand

He's doing great, I'm doing great...with the exception of the constant foot or bottom that I have in my rib cage or the constant urge to need to use the restroom, but other than that everything is going great now. Obviously I have my appetite back, energy is somewhat normal, however, I do feel the pain after a long day and my feet and back will make me know that I can't do everything like I used to, I have become a hormonal bitch (sorry mom if you're reading this). I do the random cries and everything is the end of the world, I have no filter right now as the ladies I work with like to put it but I'm happy and really enjoying the pregnancy now. I feel it took me a while to finally get to this point, so what if I have my hormonal days and I pop off, in the end it's all out of love right?? I have no problem telling people that I don't like my belly rubbed or touched, the polite "touch" is ok when people do ask if it's ok, but I'm not a Buddha and my bell is not a lucky charm! If he's moving and someone is around I do try to share that moment with others, but it still makes me uncomfortable. Everyday things are getting harder and harder, bending over is uncomfortable and at times nearly impossible! The belly just seems to get in the way of doing things, but I do sure give my best in trying to do everything I possibly can. I have noticed that in the morning I walk like a normal person, by evening I have the pregnancy waddle down to an art! The feet are starting to swell but my fingers are doing great, I can still wear my rings with no problem! I am having more and more frequent heartburn these days, so Tums are my new best friend.

I did treat myself to a pedicure the other day...uh-maze-ing! However I did have a nosey lady that just about got her head bit off because she wouldn't stop asking questions and just being plain rude! I finally cashed in one of my two pre-natal massages that my hubby and brother gave to me and was oh so relaxed! I really feel like things could not be better at this point. Jason is helping out a lot around the house, we have begun the nursery and I can't wait to get my Chunky Monkey's room all done!

Now I start my every 3 week visits until the end of May so we will be back at the doctor at the end of this month, that I am super excited about because it's so nice to get to hear his heartbeat that often!

No comments:

Post a Comment