Tuesday, December 28, 2010

OMG!

As a gift to myself, I bought Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs and oh my goodness, I have never laughed more! I am almost in tears reading some of the things because it's exactly how I feel. I have been telling everyone about the book, even if you aren't preggo, you should read it! It's a good (and blunt) way to see just what pregnant women are going through, but it's funny! It really makes it all seem ok, like you're not as crazy as you feel inside! I read a part to Jason, saying to him "this is totally something that you said!" See below:

As anyone who has ever endured it knows, the term 'morning sickness' is bullshit. Morning has very little to do with it. For me, it started in the morning and went straight through the night. The label 'morning' must have been thought up by a man who thought it was all in our heads and hoped that limiting the definition would make us all shut up by noon. Well, I don't think so, buddy! I say, come on over to my house around 5 p.m. so I can heave on you.

This is how my sickness went, I didn't have the constant throwing up, but I had the constant feeling like I needed to. I would like to think that that is even worse! I wish I could have thrown up, I wish that it would have been that easy but it wasn't!!! Ahhhh, well it made me laugh, I don't think Jason thought it was funny but I know there were some days when he would say "oh honey it's just in your head" and I so badly wanted to say to him "oh come walk an hour in these shoes buddy and tell me it's all in your head!"

The book is literally only about 150 pages so I should be done, but I am savoring each and every laugh! It truly is an entire book of laughs! Check out some of the other chapters in the book and you can imagine how hilarious the book is!!! The titles are her own, but the parenthesis is what the chapter is about.

Psycho Chick (Hormonal Rage)
Passing Stonehenge (Constipation)
Freddie Krueger Ain't Got Nothing on Me! (Dreams)
Well, It's Not 1972 Anymore! (Baby Boomers Explaining How It Was in Their Day)
Did a Sewer Tank Explode, or Did You Just Fart? (Gas)
The Crying Game (Hormonal Blues)
So, Anyway, Like I Was Saying. . .  Wait, What Was I Saying? (Wandering Mind)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who's the Prettiest Pregnant Lady of Them All? Clearly Not You, Lady! (Face Acne and Rashes)
Poopin' on the Table (The Dark Side of Delivery)
I Just Need to Lie Down For, like, Five Minutes. . .  Okay, Maybe Three Months (Sleepiness)
Let Me Repeat (Husband No-No's)

I am not done, but with the amount of laughter that it's producing, it's worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment