Friday, December 24, 2010

'Tis the Season

For some reason, I'm just not in the "holiday" spirit this year, and with hormones and mood swings, it only makes it worse! I have an inner rage like no other! I snap at anyone and everyone, especially those close to me. It's finally starting to get cold but seriously, this week it has been 90 degrees outside so that's been another downer. At least it was a short week, and we get to wear jeans to work - although I only have 1 pair that I can really wear right now so I had to go home and wash them every night! Jason is working this weekend, so I don't know what I am going to do sitting at home alone all weekend?!?! Oh that's right...shopping! Jason's favorite thing for me to do! :)

It was quite an exciting week at work, we think we have finally eliminated the mice problem with some plug-in devices that are suppose to emit sound waves that keep them away. They seem to be working, we only had one on Monday morning but we think it might have been a lil' straggler. However, they have begun some horrendous pounding upstairs! We came in and had some dust all over our desks, throughout the day I had what looked like snow in my hair from it falling down all day! The banging got worse throughout the week, scaring us all day just about every day. They are breakout out the jail cells on the fourth floor, so concrete cells, metal bars, the works and the workers up there honestly don't understand how bad it sounds to us down here...we think that any minute our ceiling is going to come crashing down! We have had water leaks, dirty water in the bathrooms, some welding embers come through our ceiling, but mainly just the noise...it shakes our entire desks!

I went with my parents to our old neighbors this week, for their annual Christmas dinner together. I got to see my best friend growing up and his wife, let them in on the news (and growing waistline!) and just catch up since I think it's been since our wedding that I saw them. It was a lovely evening, hubby had a meeting so he missed out :(

My Bubba made me some tamales...oh I can't wait to eat them!!! I LOVE bean and cheese tamales, he remembered and made me some, then he invited Jason and I to dinner. He's so sweet!

My mom and I went shopping all day today, needed some last minute gifts for some people, but boy am I tired! I need to get some rest since I have to wake up and make breakfast tomorrow for Jason's team. Thankfully my mommy has offered her assistance!

Jason and I are off to church this evening, I always tell Jason that we should have done a Christmas wedding, the church looks so pretty at Christmastime with all the decorations. I say "in our next life, we get married during Christmastime!"

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment