Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mood swings and other fun stuff

So now that everyone knows, I have hit the lovely stage of crying spells and mood swings like no other! I have a short fuse as it is, a low tolerance for ignorance I like to say, and on most occasions I am a 'tell-it-like-it-is' type of a person. So take that and amplify it all and you have me on a daily basis! The crying is the weirdest thing, I don't like to cry...sign of weakness...never cared to do it, especially not in public! My gosh, these days, I get a paper-cut and the waterworks are in full swing! I'm making do though, thankfully I have great friends that are there to tell me that as crazy as I may seem, I am acting completely normal...normal...yea right! I think the hardest thing for me right now is all the 'help' and 'advice' that is coming. I don't like to depend on others to do for me, I can take care of myself on my own, independent woman I am! So it's hard for me to hear "don't do this" and "don't do that" or "are you sure that you need to be doing that?" I know everyone means well, but half the time I want to scream "I am pregnant, not incapacitated!!!" Ok...I'll step off my soap-box again.

Pregnancy is the most amazing thing though, I have come to realize that. Your body is going through so much, you have no control over it at all so you think you are a crazy person, but in the end you will have the most amazing reward. I have now entered my second trimester! First trimester was a little rough, I consider myself lucky as far as the sickness went though, it was just constant nausea, but it still wasn't fun. I think one of the hardest things for me is the lack of energy. It amazes me how at about 2 or 3 every afternoon I literally feel as if I have taken a Benadryl and could just go right to sleep. Poor Jason, when I get off work, the last thing I even want to think about is food so cooking has become obsolete now-a-days. I mean, you have the drive and the 'want' to do things but you just don't have the fuel and energy to get anything done. I have had a few nights here lately of some horrible sickness again (thought I was past this!), so I haven't had much sleep lately. Not that any sleep these days is 'good' by any means. I don't really have that much of an appetite either right now. I am hungry I guess, and know I need to eat, it's just that nothing appeals to me right now. For the past 3 weeks or so I had a MAJOR sweet tooth! Sour Patch Kids, Bright Crawlers...anything like that, sweet and sour, I couldn't get enough of. I was loving some spicy food! I think Jason is sick of Mexican food though for a while :( I do have the random cravings on different days, some days I want nothing but pickles, some it's nothing but ice-cream, others it's nothing but pepper so it's just a day-to-day thing of what will I be craving that day.

I had to finally go and buy some maternity clothes, the belly just doesn't suck in anymore :) It's funny, I try to suck in when I'm getting ready in the morning, and it just sticks out...actually hurts to try and suck in!! Guess that's a sign that I should quit trying huh? :) However, I do see what all the fuss is about, I don't know that I will EVER go back to regular clothes again after wearing maternity pants!!! The most amazing thing ever, everything fits...no matter what...it all stretches and fits!!!


This was the day I told the office...as you can see, it's hard to hide the 'pooch.' I sat at my desk for most of the morning, until a friend called and said she just had to tell someone so I let her and in a matter of about 15 minutes, the entire office knew the news.


I go back to the doctor next week, getting excited now as the baby is growing more and more and what we have to look forward to with each and every doctor visit,it's too bad right now we have to wait an entire month between visits huh?!?

Oh...and just for those who are wondering and want it on your calendar:
Official due date of Baby James - June 23, 2011
Date to find out pink or blue - January 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment