Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh what a week it has been!

I am still trying to get a hold on these "mood swings" and all the emotions but this week was one for the record books! Monday I went to see a friend for his birthday and to share the news, got into my office a little late that morning. Upon arrival, I noticed some little black specks on my desk. Now I guess I need to backtrack here just a little bit. See, they are doing construction in our building, a building that is very old and infested with all sorts of critters. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that some of my snacks had been nibbled on, asked for traps but still waiting. Well, Monday morning with the droppings and emotions, let's just say that s*** hit the fan! So I asked again for the traps, shut my door and proceed to cry. Then I begin cleaning out my office, getting any and every sign of food out of here. I also decided it was a good time to clean out some personal things that had been here for a while. Well, I moved one bag and, well, see for yourself...


 I picked up a bag and this was under it...yes those black specks are droppings...

Then I moved my bookshelf out and this was behind it...again, more droppings...

In case it's hard to see...those are candy wrappers, and the black specks are rat droppings...here all along I've been blaming our cleaning crew for eating my candy and who would have ever thought it was these little critters. So as you can imagine, I'm worried, do I need to be in this type of environment while pregnant and so on and so forth.  I had Jason come get me and take me to lunch I was so upset, I come back and am just wallowing in my own misery when my co-worker walks in and asks me whats up. I'm telling her all about it, showing it all to her when all of a sudden she interrupts me with "Mandie there's a mouse in your office, it just poked it's head out to see me from behind your desk." With that, it was all she wrote and I was all upset again. She ended up sending me home after we called asking for some mouse traps and were told that they got my request 2 weeks ago but they are just out and the guys haven't gone to get more...lovely...

So I come back the next day and go and take mouse traps from other parts of our office...places where people aren't working anymore. I set those out in my office then finally I get brought about 2 boxes of traps. I leave them out over night surely expecting something to be on them when I came in the next day but nothing. Someone had told me to put some peanut butter on them, so I did and went to lunch. Came back about an hour later and here is what was waiting for me when I got back:


The maintenance people didn't like that I put peanut butter on them...apparently that makes them not sticky...well obviously it worked for this poor sucker. Now, they are right, I came in this morning and my traps were all over my office, the oil from the peanut butter made it possible for them to get away and they did...messed up 2 of the traps, so I had to set new ones all out, about 6 traps for now, possibly more by the end of the day and plan to leave them out over the weekend. Someone actually suggested to me that I start getting them stuffed and have them as trophies in my office. You know, some hunt deer...I hunt mice. :) Hey...at least I can joke about it now, at the beginning of the week it wasn't funny, and still bothers me the fact that I have mice running around while I work. And the more people pick, the worse off it is.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment