Sunday, April 29, 2012

First real night away...

So once upon a time I was in college, lived in my sorority house and met this sweet lady, Nikki. She was my pledge sister, but most important, she was my roommate in the house. We didn't really know each other until a few weeks before the semester was ending and neither one of us had a roommate so we kinda just said "hey wanna be roommates?" and that was it. We turned out to be really good friends, and I can say that she has touched my life in ways I can't even begin to express in words. She didn't make it to our wedding, but when we got the invitation for her wedding Jason knew he wasn't getting out of this!!! So...we planned a road trip, to Dallas, for our first real night away from Hudson. Scary as it was, it was a nice break for me and Jason. Now, that's not to say that I was ready, I think I teared up just a lil' but in the end we had a good time at the wedding and Hudson was just fine.

Such a beautiful lady both inside and out

An amazing group of ladies

I sure had a HOT date!!!

We went on a lil' field trip the next morning before we came home


From here, I am standing on the exact spot that the second shot hit JFK

The memorial in his honor

So we survived, our first trip away from our lil' man, and had a pretty good time too. We went on a tour of the book depository building, but they wouldn't let us take photos in there. It was pretty neat though - guess you'll just have to take our word on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment