Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kids in the Kitchen

As most know, I'm a member of our local Jr. League. I serve on a committee that's pretty low-key when it comes to time commitment. We have one big event in the Spring, called Kids in the Kitchen. We are encouraging children in the community to get in the kitchen and make simple but healthy snacks. We show them a few recipes, let them try everything, then play games with them then send them home with a goody bag filled with all sorts of snacks!

  I was in charge of the Apple Boats...this was my example I made for the kiddos to see

This is our committee, minus a couple, but we had a blast!

I was sure glad to get home and rest though! I have "plumped up" quite a bit in these past few weeks and it's really starting to get me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment