Sunday, March 13, 2011

I really do love this time of year!!

I know I like to gripe about it, but I really do love the Rodeo time. We have so much fun going to and from Houston, night after night. Friday night we went and saw Lady Antebellum, they were pretty good, the boys weren't too impressed but I sure was. Parking was a little rough...we got there before everything started but apparently everyone was going to the Rodeo during Spring Break because traffic was HORRIBLE! We had to park a little farther away and had to walk, no shuttle this time. We finally get to park, I get out of the truck to put my boots on and am having a little trouble...yes, the time has come, my feet are swelling and I can't wear my boots to the last week of the Rodeo :( I have to say that I am a little sad. I managed to squeeze my little porkies into the boots but by the end of the evening they were numb, I had to take them off for the ride home! Rodeo was great though, super packed because it was a Friday night! However, I must say, getting out was 10x easier from the place we were at...of course, at times, we do tend to "make our own" ways home. Boys will be boys...but I do enjoy the time I have spent with Jason and my Bubba over the past couple of weeks.

We went back to the Rodeo on Saturday, got there really early so we could shop...BIG MISTAKE! There is so much stuff for lil' baby cowboys and I wanted it all! Bubba found some lil' boots and they were so tiny, they both could fit in the palm of my hand. Outfits and animals, the possibilities were endless, but we finally went inside to watch the entire show. We got there early enough that I was able to get the baby an autograph book with some cowboy signatures in it. I had to get a photo with some of the bull fighters though, these guys took a beating the night before and it's amazing that they are still walking around and doing this! The guy in the red hat usually wears a helmet cam so he gets some pretty interesting shots! The other one is a lil' ball of energy and runs all over the place.

"Us" and the bull fighters


All in all it was a nice evening, we had so much fun! Now we get a few days break before we head back for 4 days straight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment