Sunday, March 4, 2012

My first 5K

Well, it took me 28 years and almost an hour to finish, but I ran my first ever 5K this morning...I was up bright and early and not functioning enough for running! Jason stayed home with Hudson so I could go, thankfully I had some of my co-workers there to cheer me along at the finish line - but here's proof I did finish!

Got me some new kicks...it's amazing how much nicer it is to run when you have shoes that aren't 4 years old!!!

My number and chip timer

Results...it's hard to see but I'm on there

Me and Angela - she cheered me at the end!

And then I was done...came home and we took a nap together!!

I can barely move off the couch but actually ready to go run another one! I'm actually pretty proud of myself, I didn't run/walk fast at all but I finished...took me a while but I did complete it. I do hope to eventually build up from this and do more than just a 5K, I guess next step will be a 10K - gonna go for a few more 5Ks though before I start moving on up. Blue Bell hosts a 5K, Jason says Brenham is the worst place to run because of all the hills but you get ice cream at the end...if that's not incentive to run then I don't know what is?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment