Thursday, July 28, 2011

My sweet 1 month old!

Wow...one whole month has already passed us by...in that one month a lot has happened! We had lots of waiting, a few (ok maybe a lot) of tears, but in the end it was all worth it to get this precious bundle of joy!

You were determined to make us wait as long as possible so we had to come and get you!

Our first family photo

And from this moment I was head over heels in LOVE!

What's not to love about this sweet lil' face, you have your daddy's dimples! One on your right cheek and the most noticeable one on your chin!

I live for sweet moments like this

And fall in love all over again with the both of you when I see sweet moments like this

You experienced your first holiday at just 6 days old

You have your moments of being wide awake and alert

Then sweet sleeping moments where you make the sweetest sounds

But there's also bad days...

And some tummy time

But you constanstly tell mommy to stop taking photos of you, or just give me the back of your head!

Your umbilical cord finally fell off and we were able to give you your first bath, you didn't know what to think about it at first but you didn't mind it

You love to smile at daddy while we're making fools of ourselves to get you to smile for pictures

But I just love mornings when you are having some sweet dreams and just can't get enough pictures of you

You have good hair days (thanks to daddy!)

But you have certainly had your share of bad hair days!

You've visited the sheriff's department to say hey to your Uncle Trey

So HAPPY 1 MONTH my sweet lil' monkey, Mommy and daddy love you oh so much!!

I can certainly say that having a child has been one of the most challenging things that Jason and I have ever done, but it's the most rewarding thing as well. Each and every day when we see our sweet lil' boy smile at us is what keeps us going. The long, sleepless nights are not so bad when you get to see a big beautiful smile every morning. I've enjoyed every moment of every day over the past month and look forward to so many more. Everyone tells you what to expect, but it's not really understandable until you have your sweet bundle of joy here with you and you get to experience everything on your own!

I can't thank family and friends enough for all that they have done and will continue to do, but mainly I want to thank my sweet husband for all he's done. He's been there for me over the past month and done things for me and there aren't enough words to express to him how appreciative I am for it all. From diapers and burping to dishes and cleaning or even just allowing me to have some "me" time each and every day; he's been there to do it all! I don't know what I'll do when he goes back to work in a couple of weeks, but know that he's been so helpful over the past month.

Whew...well, 1 month down, only 18 more years to go huh?! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment