Tuesday, July 5, 2011

1 week old

We had our first doctor visit this afternoon, Hudson is putting weight back on, he now weighs 7lbs 4oz, almost back at our birth weight!! He doing good though, doctor says he's looking good so back home and we'll be back next week for our 2 week check-up.

How can you not just fall in love with this lil' guy?!?!

So what has happened in one week. Well, we came home just 4 days ago so not too terribly much has happened. You still have your days and nights mixed up, but I don't mind. You sleep well in your swing, and that makes me very happy!!! Me and daddy are happy to be home, but we got spoiled while in the hospital with all the nice nurses taking care of us. I can't look at you enough, I can't hold you enough, I just can't get enough of you! I never really believed in "love at first sight" until I saw your sweet face just one week ago. I cry when you cry, I smile when you smile, I just love you so much. Daddy is so proud, I love seeing him interact with you; changing diapers, trying to console you when you are upset, everything about him as a father just makes me love him that much more. You are feeding well obviously since you are putting weight on, but just not very long. You nurse about every 3 hours, sometimes more and sometimes less, it really just depends on the day. You have a little problem with spitting up, some days it's really bad and we change you about 10 times, others you are ok and we only have to change you maybe once. Each and every day with you is different and so much more fun than the day before. If the next 7 weeks are as fun as this past week has been, I don't know how I will ever go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment