Thursday, June 9, 2011

38 weeks...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Well, it's crazy to think that this pregnancy is coming to an end soon. It's really amazing how fast the time flies by. I feel like it was just yesterday that I took a test and now we are getting ready for the baby to arrive! Where has the 9 months gone?! :)  We did go to the doctor yesterday, he's measuring in the 70th percentile...that's the large end of "normal" but she said she can feel that's he a large baby. Of course this is a little scary but my lil' angel is going to come into this world just as God sees fit for him, and if that's weighing 10lbs then so be it! She assures me that he's not coming early, he has begun to drop, she can feel that the baby is not as high up, but his head has not begun to descend yet and I've not begun to dialate so she says to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

It's kinda dark but you get the picture...he's HUGE!


PREGNANCY AT A GLANCE

How far along? 38 weeks

Baby's size? I guessed right last week, he was measuring about 7lbs on Friday...so probably close to 7 1/4 or 7 1/2 lbs - yes he's going to be big...has his daddy to thank for that :)

Gender? Still XY according to the ultrasound...there's something between those legs!

Weight gain? I'm putting on more and more weight here towards the end, I constantly have to remove food from in front of me...I just can't stop eating!

Maternity clothes? Are starting to fit differently...I guess because he's shifting so it makes things fit different.

Stretch marks? Still just have the ones on the underside of my belly

Belly button in or out? Still in, but at times it half-way sticks out if he's pushing out

Sleeping? Yea, that's pretty much not happening these days...hubby is a little frustrated because I can't get comfy so he can't sleep

Foods I'm loving? Again...I can't stop eating these days so just put anything in front of me and I'm going to inhale it

Foods I'm hating? Is that really possibly right now?!?!

Best moment this week? This past weekend I had another shower and we got some really neat things

What I'm looking forward to? Meeting my chunky monkey!

What I miss? My ankles...

Symptoms? Zantac has really helped the heartburn, swelling is getting really bad in my feet and my hands, I wake up and the aches and pains are making it harder and harder to get out of bed (or the couch)

Milestones? Nursery done, car seats installed, bags are all packed - we just need a baby!

Emotions & Moods? Emotions are up and down now...

No comments:

Post a Comment