Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things learned while pregnant

So it's been a while since I made a list of "things learned" and I thought I'd share some wisdom I've picked up during pregnancy:

- No matter how uncomfortable it is, everyone is going to touch your belly so you better get used to it...

- God gives you 9 months to learn some self control...and patience!

- A good night's rest no longer exists

- The funniest laugh I get is when people ask what it is and my response is (with some surprise in my voice) "It's a baby!"

- It took me having "his child" in order to get some help around the house!!!

- Shopping for baby furniture and accessories is very stressful

- The things your body will do now just because of "hormones" amazes me every day

- Everyone wants to do everything for you now that you are pregnant

- The way your feet can swell up within an hour of walking is shocking!

- I should not be this incapable of doing everyday things!

- The baby really does suck your memory cells...I promise!

- Why can't I put my socks on normal anymore?

- The harder you try to suck in your belly, the more the baby lets you know that you aren't supposed to be doing that!

- I must use the restroom before I go to bed, otherwise I am making a mad dash at 2am!

- Hearing 150bpm is the most soothing sound and can make any bad day better!

- The aches and pains are totally worth it when I see our baby moving in those ultrasound photos!

- Why can't I stop eating again? Oh that's right...

- I've got some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for to experience this with!

- I fall in love with my husband all over again every time he kisses my belly

That's it for now...I'm sure that as the weeks go on that more things will begin to happen. We go in to find out next week what we are having, these days just can't go by fast enough!!! And what were we thinking scheduling the appointment at 3:15pm??? These things should be scheduled for 8:00am! The doctor's office should know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment