Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wonderful wonderful weekend!

So Jason and I decided to go down to Bridge City this weekend. We finally have all our wedding albums so we can take them to everyone and we haven't been down in a while so it's time for a visit.

Friday was interesting, we stopped in Baytown for dinner at Johnny Carinos which is a pretty normal thing for us. They were super busy so we had to wait about 10 minutes but then we were seated right next to the kitchen. It was neat to watch everything going on, I kept commenting on how much work goes into everything and how amazing it was that no one was running into each other! Well, I noticed there was a dish that was sitting on the counter that looked like what I ordered, I watched everyone passed things over it and worked all around it but never touched it for about 5 or 6 minutes. Then it got moved to a tray where it remained for another 5 or 6 minutes but it had a second dish with it, so I assumed it was coming to us, well someone walked up and grabbed that second dish then walked off with it leaving the first one again all alone there. So after a while a hot (fresh) bowl of chicken fettuccine was placed on that tray and it was brought to our table. As soon as it was set in front of me I had a displeased look on my face, I felt the food with my finger and just as I though, cold. No, not just a little, it was cold on top and then a little warm when I tossed the pasta around. When our waitress came she insisted that she bring a new plate but I told her it was fine, and it was, it's not that it was ice cold, so I could at least eat it but when you get your food you would expect it to be nice and hot and this wasn't. After a while the manager came and said something and of course took care of the meal and was pushing dessert of us but we were done. I told him it was fine, it was actually quite comical because I have gotten food there before and noticed it was a little cool once it came and always wondered why, well, now I know! It probably has been sitting there for a while and not being brought to me fresh. So, my food may have not been super hot, but it was worth it and we got out of there for $10! Now how often does that happen?!?!

Saturday we went and had us some breakfast, I love going back to his parent's house, they make the best breakfasts!!! We took his granny her photo album from the wedding, this was her first time to see the photos from the wedding, she loved it and I know it made Jason very happy to show them to her. Then we went to Beaumont to get all our jewelry looked at, got my ring all shiny and cleaned! We left everything there for about an hour and went walking the mall so they could get good and clean, Jason teased how he was a "single man" again since he didn't have his ring on! (He kept his hand in his pocket for the entire time we were at the mall!) We got done in Beaumont and went back to Bridge City to get ready for dinner and gambling with his parents. Let me tell you, I have never seen money go faster than that night for me...I was crying inside on how fast I lost the money I was gambling. It was TERRIBLE! We had a good time though, stayed out all night long and boy were we tired!

Of course you know I can't sleep late, not matter what, so I was up and at 'em early. Thankfully Jason's dad had a cup of coffee for me to wake up with! We just hung around the house all morning and then after lunch went to visit granny one last time before we headed home. The entire way I think my mouth was watering at the fact that I knew as soon as we got home we were going to be having some WINGS!!!! Jason and I went 8 days without our normal wing fix, it's crazy!

We needed that fix and some good rest for what tomorrow brings! Check back tomorrow for the results of our civil suit with our photographer...

No comments:

Post a Comment