Friday, January 22, 2010

What to do?!?!

I really thought I could make myself keep up with this blog thing better than anything but as my husband reminded me yesterday, I surely haven't done much! Now that the holidays have come and gone, Jason and I find that we have nothing to do! For the past few weekends we have sat at home and done NOTHING! Now don't get me wrong, I love that we don't have to rush around on the weekends and do things, but sitting at home is getting a little old. I thought work was going to pick up for me but it actually is pretty slow until about March. Now Jason on the other hand, if you've seen the local news lately then you know he's been super busy! It's like I have always said, "the only way I keep up with my husband is if I see him on the evening news!"

Fishing should be starting up soon so that will consume our weekends...our freezer is a little "fish free" right now so we need to go out and get some! I am hoping that I can bring home my bridal bouquet that was getting preserved by a company in Waco. I've been getting photos of it along the way and it's finally done so I'm super excited about that. If you have read the paper or watched some local newscasts lately then you have seen a story running about a photographer, yes that is our wedding photographer but it's not our story. We were aware of it but have chosen to stay out of it all. We are still waiting on items but are taking care of things the only way we know to do. Will keep everyone posted on that as it all unfolds.

Still really enjoying my daily "don't sweat the small stuff" calendar of nice things, here is today's:

"If you can see the value in becoming a little less serious - for yourself and those around you - then you have it in you to do so. Instead of waiting until the end of your life to have a change of heart, make that effort now. You'll be glad you did."

These really just make my days and have surely helped me when I'm having a rough day.

Since I have been free on the weekends, I got to spend a day this past weekend with a very special friend. Coffee, cinnamon bread, great conversation, then a nice "girls" lunch with her two precious girls. In all of her running around and hecticness she has going on these days, I admire her for all her kind words she always has to offer when I'm having a horrible day and the crazy calls of ranting! (Next time run a stop sign in BRYAN!!!)

Yay for Fridays! Hopefully the day will pass quickly...will post photos of the bouquet if I end up going to get it!

1 comment: