Friday, January 8, 2010

I could get used to this blog business

This blog thing might not be so bad...I still don't know what all to write about, I have nothing exciting going on in my life to write about but my days at work and that's nothing to jump up and down about! I did come up with some resolutions for the coming year to strive for that I felt I would share with you.

I am still determined to some day run a marathon and if a certain someone has her way it will be by the end of the year...but a trip to Berlin is not in my future!! Jason and I are going to start small...5k's here and there and then build up. I am going to stick to it this year!

The biggest thing I want to strive for is just being a happier person. I tend to let every little thing bother me and I'm not afraid to let you know that you are bothering me! I have been told that I have looks that say a thousand words...my response to that has always been "would you rather me say those thousand words I'm thinking of or just let you look at my disgusted face?" Well I intend to stop with that! I would hate for my face to get stuck like that...I can remember my mother always telling me that if I pouted long enough my face would get stuck like that!

I remember once hearing a line, "I cannot control how I am perceived, I can only control how I present myself." So I intend on presenting myself a little better! I got a desk calendar for Christmas, one of those day-by-day calendars of little daily "don't sweat the small stuff" lines. They are pretty interesting...today's was good:

"Most of us handle the 'big stuff' pretty well. The stress you feel often comes from fighting those 'no chance of winning' battles where the outcome is practically irrelevant anyway."

I do stress over dumb little things I can't change. So, a big thing to change: quit worrying and just start living! I can't change the past, can't predict the future, so I just need to enjoy the gift of the present.

I want to try and stay in touch with friends and family more. Sometimes life gets in the way but I want to really try to stay in touch. Not taking anything for granted, because you can never be sure of when it may all be gone. Whew...I feel like I am typing a Hallmark card!

Let's see...changing the subject, we are a house divided right now. I rooted for 'Bama last night in the BCS Championship Game and Jason was rooting for Texas. He says it should be a Texas team I am rooting for, listen in on a conversation we had with my dad the other night:

Dad: "Do you two have your Texas gear for tomorrow's game?"
Me: "Heck no!"
Jason: (under his breath) "Please don't get her started again..."
Me: "A true Aggie will support A&M and anyone playing against Texas! You never root for Texas!"
Dad: "Yes but a true Texan will support a Texas team."
Jason: "Yea, a true Texan!"
Me: "Oh really?! So if the game was between Texas Tech and Alabama, who would you root for?"
Jason: "Alabama!"

My sweet husband, bless his heart...he makes me smile so big sometimes! So, needless to say, after the results of last night's game, he's a little sad. And I might rub it in his face a little that Texas lost. :)

The new year is a little odd, from what I can tell, Jason and I don't have anything planned for the weekends. Last year at this time I was beginning all the bridal showers and busy weekends of final fittings and planning for the wedding. Now we can just relax and not worry about anything. Our anniversary trip is already booked and we don't have anything from now until then. Let's hope it stays that way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment