Friday, January 1, 2010

Finally bit the bullet - no pun intended!

So I finally bit the bullet and created a blog, figured this is probably the best way for friends and family to keep up with us. I had always said we would create one after we got engaged to track all the craziness of the wedding...that didn't happen. Then I said I would create one after we got married to track our life together...that didn't happen. So now, as we are approaching our first anniversary I thought that starting at the beginning of 2010 was a good time to start a blog.

A LOOK BACK

2009 was an amazing year, we got married...enough said. That is enough excitement for a lifetime, and ours was no exception to some catastrophes. From flowers to decorations to a photographer that we are still dealing with to this day, it was one crazy year! I know I couldn't have made it through those first few months of the year without some major help from my friends.

I think Jason and I are finally getting settled into this "married life" situation! My mom frequently tells me I am becoming "domesticated." What the heck is that? Don't you do that to animals?!? It's hard with our busy schedules to find the time to cook and clean, but we make do. (Even if that means hiring a maid and eating out all the time!) We are planning a vacation for our first anniversary. I still get butterflies when I hear myself saying things like "married" and "my husband" and "anniversary." Just the other day someone said "Thank you Mrs. James" and I was like "oh, that's me, I'm a Mrs. now!" I hear our niece saying "Aunt Mandie" and I'm like "just one year ago I was 'Mandie' and now I'm an AUNT!" As a little girl I was always dreamed of the day I would marry and live happily every after and now that it's all here I still catch myself. It's exciting that I am living my dream, talking about starting a family...I can remember being a baby (well a kid) and now I am thinking of having babies of my own!

SO WHAT DOES 2010 HAVE IN STORE FOR US?!

Well, a first anniversary, maybe a family, a couple of weddings and who knows what else!?! We both work in pretty unpredictable environments, sure there's always work (crime), but you can never be sure of when it will be busy and when it will slow down. We cherish the time we have together at home, away from work. Fishing season will begin soon and we can't wait, with the wedding last year we never got a chance to go out...Jason took our poles out a few days ago, they had a little dust on them!

So...I don't know how this blog thing will go, I'm not one for writing things out so this, to me, is some-what like a diary and I never got into those. We shall see though. I can't promise that I will be on here frequently but will sure try!

No comments:

Post a Comment