Monday, April 8, 2013

Oh Chilifest, I think I might be too old for you!!!

We tried to get the entire Friday Lunch Club there but we had a few representing


I think I might be getting a little too old to go out and party like this but that sure didn't stop us from going out. Maybe the fact that someone called us up at the last minute and gave us some VIP tickets might have persuaded us that last little bit but oh well, we still made the trip to the BIG town of Snook, Texas for the annual event. We started the morning off by going to the dedication ceremony of the Brian Bachmann Community Park, a moving ceremony to attend. Jason and grabbed some lunch...so we didn't have to pay the outrageous prices out at Chilifest...then made our way to the shuttle pick-up. Now, we had just ate lunch, so I went to the bathroom about 10 times before the boarded the bus but that still didn't matter, we were almost to Snook when the urge hit AGAIN. Anyone who knows me knows that when I have to go, I have to go! Jason tried his hardest to keep my mind off of it, he tried asking the bus driver to drop us off at one of the deputy check points (where they had a port-o-can) but the driver refused to drop, the girls sitting next to us were so sweet trying to assure me that it wasn't much farther and then we finally made the turn and they let us get off the bus first...maybe they were secretly laughing at me but I don't care, at that moment in time they were the sweetest girls ever.

So we started the day off right with a cold one and some Mark Chesnutt, he was really nice, chatting it up with us since he's another East Texas boy

Are we really that surprised at this picture?!

Waited in line for this one...


LOVE this man so much!!



OMG...OMG...OMG...I was in heaven, I think Jason thought I was going to jump on his bus with him. This is, by far, one of the nicest...most humble men ever!

Waited in line earlier only to have him walking around in the VIP area and we got all the pictures we wanted

Ran into some sweet friends

Awesome group of people!

Overall it was a pretty awesome day, we may or may not have felt really "old" from it all the next morning but it was a lot of fun. We tried to get a picture with Josh Turner but he didn't do autographs or anything, he performed and then got back on his tour bus and left :( The bus ride back was pretty fun too...maybe we weren't "drunk enough" but all the others sure seemed to be having a great time and it gave us a few good laughs along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment