Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reminded why I don't bother

You know, I was reminded why I don't bother with some things (or people) over the weekend. Take for example when you call someone and leave them a message but they call right back without even checking the message first...why bother with the message huh? Or you open a door for someone and they don't even acknowledge that you opened it...again, why bother? How about when you tell someone that you don't want something (i.e. food) but they get it for you anyway...why bother right? Well this past weekend I went to a cousin's baby shower, I didn't have anything going on, Jason was working so he needed to be asleep during the day so I figured "why not?" Once I got there, I was quickly reminded why I didn't bother...my family spent more time saying things like "I can't believe you are here!" or "gosh, how long has it been?" or "oh you really do love your family!" I was just amazed at how everyone acted. It was a cute shower nonetheless and I won a candle! I am always really good at guessing the girth of the mommy's belly...a sign?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment